About the Haddam Garden Club
Who We Are
The Haddam Garden Club (HGC) was founded on October 13, 1930 by Dr. Kate Mead and Mrs. Mary G. Hinds and has since become a non-profit 501(c)3 volunteer organization based in the town of Haddam, CT. We typically meet on the second Wednesday morning of the month and we strive to:
stimulate the knowledge and love of gardening and floral design among amateurs;
aid in the protection of native flora and fauna;
promote civic planting and conservation;
organize social activities for the benefit of our members; and
involve each member as an active participant.
Please visit our Meetings webpage for more information.
Our Civic Gardens
The Haddam Garden Club has established and is proud of the care we take in maintaining several gardens in Haddam, Higganum, and Tylerville which include:
Welcome Signs Throughout Town
Brainerd Memorial Library
Higganum Green & Gazebo
Town Office Building
Municipal Transfer Station
We also create beautiful holiday floral arrangements for all of the municipal buildings. For more information, please visit our Civic Gardens webpage.
Our basic structure consists of an Executive Board and several Standing Committees. Additional committees are often added as the need arises. Please see our most current description of the committees and their chairs. For details of our club structure, please see the complete text of our By-laws.
Standing Committees and Chairs
Higganum Farmer's Market
Haddam Neck Fair
Dodie D'Oench Ruimerman
Town Welcome Signs
We would love to grow our membership with additional community-minded people! Membership in the Haddam Garden Club is open to all regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, or religious affiliation. Prospective members must attend two meetings to ascertain interest in joining the HGC. Membership will be activated at the third meeting upon receipt of the completed Membership Form and annual dues.